We just wrapped up our 5th Annual Whiskey Tasting featuring Single-malt Whiskies and we’re still smiling from the event. Thank you to everyone who stopped by and made this a night to remember.
Stu was pouring and educating guests on each single-malt.
Guests tried five scotches and were treated to delicious food from Diana who knows a thing or two about what food pairs well with scotch! These were SO tasty!
These are the five single-malts we tasted –
• Dalwhinnie 15 Year: Smooth, aromatic, heather and honey sweetness. Great chilled.
• Lagavulin 16 Year: Aged in oak casks for at least sixteen years, this much sought-after single malt has the massive peat-smoke that’s typical of southern Islay – but also offering a dryness that turns it into a truly interesting dram
• Talisker Storm: An intense and vibrant whiskey. Well balanced waves of smoke and sweetness. Savor Talisker Storm’s peppery sweet and salty flavors neat, or draw them out with a little water.
• Oban 14 Year: Flavors of orange peel, smoke, sea salt, and honey distinguish this full-bodied highland malt
• Cragganmore 12 Year: The taste is quite light compared to the scent, mixing honey with a basket of nutty flavors. The finish starts off a little peppery, and rolls out into pleasant, smoky warmth. It’s a pleasant, and only slightly complex sipper, just the sort of thing for a go-to single malt for everyday drinking or to use as a starter or next step Scotch.
Thank you again to everyone who stopped by! We had a blast!