Valentine’s Day is right around the corner! Whether you are spending the day with your significant other or just having a night in with some friends, a champagne toast is a V-Day must! Here are some of our favorite champagnes so you can plan out some drinks and snacks to enjoy on this holiday.
- Veuve Clicquot
- The infamous yellow label champagne bottle is adored for its grape, apple, and honey flavors that combine to make a bottle of delicious tasting champagne! If you’re looking for a more upscale Valentine’s Day Veuve Clicquot pairs well with white fish or meat as well as comté cheese.
- Korbel is crisp and refreshing, with hints of citrus and pear to taste. It would be best paired with oysters, smoked salmon, or salty foods if you are looking to make a bunch of appetizers to enjoy on Valentine’s Day.
- Gruet Brut
- Gruet is packed with notes of apple and citrus flavors. This pairs well with a fruit-based dessert that brings out the sweetness of the sparkling champagne. This would be the perfect champagne to enjoy with your Valentine’s Day dessert!
- Gruet Rosé
- Gruet Rosé is filled with flavors of strawberry, raspberry, and cherry. This rosé champagne would pair well with pork, shellfish, or mild and soft cheese.
- Dom Perignon
- This champagne is smooth and creamy, balanced with the aromas of fruits. This high-end champagne would be paired well with salmon, lobster, or decadent cheese platters. This champagne and food pairing would make for a luxurious Valentine’s Day.
- Juvé & Camps
- With very subtle notes of white fruit and mountain flowers, this champagne pairs well with pasta and cured meats. Juvé & Camps would be the perfect drink to enjoy with your Valentine’s Day dinner.
Whether you know the champagne you are looking for or are hoping to try something new, come into Mystic Wine Shoppe for all of your wine or champagne needs before Valentine’s Day!