With November right around the corner, you may be starting to think of your menu for Thanksgiving Day. The thing about turkey is, it pairs well with most wines, so do not stress! We’re here to help you find the perfect wine(s) that will go with your Thanksgiving menu.
Not sure what to get? Read through some of the wine characteristics that all pair well with a typical Thanksgiving dinner!
- Pinot Noir: Most pinots are dry, light- to medium-bodied with flavors that include cherry, forest floor, and notes of vanilla. It’s light yet has personality, making it perfect for any thanksgiving day meal!
- Chardonnay: You can’t go wrong with pairing Chardonnay with your Thanksgiving dinner. Although the grape’s expressions vary worldwide, the wine’s crisp acidity, mineral undertones, and fruit-forward nature bring out the best that turkey has to offer.
- Sauvignon Blanc: Known for its refreshing crispness, due to its high levels of acidity and low amounts of sugar, Sauvignon Blanc is a pairing for turkey.
- Rosé: It’s light, refreshing, and fun, making it a great wine to serve as guests are arriving.
- Zinfandel: It’s delicious fruity undertones go very well with the rich flavors of a Thanksgiving meal.
- Chenin Blanc: A later harvest Chenin blanc is an excellent choice for a dessert wine (especially for pies!) Or try it with milder meats and flavors during your Thanksgiving meal.
Here are a few wines we are loving for Thanksgiving 2020!
Thanks for reading!
Your friends at Mystic Wine Shoppe