It’s the most wonderful time of the year! But it can also be stressful and leave you not knowing what to give to everyone on your list. To help reduce your stress, we’ve come up with a Holiday Gift Guide that should help you find the perfect gift for everyone.
Scotch & Whiskey:
- Whistle Pig | The Boss Hog IV: This the IVth edition of The Boss Hog, The Black Prince, is a tribute to the great spirits of Europe. This is the first Rye Whiskey ever finished in Armagnac casks, straight from France. The result is extraordinary. A fine balance between American power and French sophistication. There’s nothing else like it. Learn More
- The Dalmore | 18 Years Old: Dalmore’s stunning 18-year-old Highland malt is as rich, fruity and spicy as you could ever want from a Dalmore. Kudos to Richard Paterson for creating another veritable chocolate orange of a whisky – a surefire hit, and great for the colder months. It is aged for 14 years in American oak, followed by three years in Matusalem sherry butts, before a final year in sherry butts. Learn More
- The Dalmore | Cigar Malt: Dalmore Cigar Malt was discontinued in mid-2009, causing uproar among all right-thinking, cigar-smoking whisky fans. This dram used to sit above the 12, and below the 15 in terms of both the price-point, and the age-profiles of the whisky that went into the blend, but the new version is a little different. Learn more
- Johnnie Walker Sampler Set: Includes 4 bottle sampler (200 ML each) of the best of Johnnie Walker. Including Johnnie Walker Black, Johnnie Walker Gold Reserve, Johnnie Walker Platinum and Johnnie Walker Blue.
- Johnnie Walker Blue | Small & Large: Their rarest blend. This isn’t a whisky for beginners. It’s challenging and an acquired taste, but like the finest rewards in life is worth it. Blue Label is made from a few exceptional whiskies with powerful flavors. Each bottle is precious.
- The Macallan Rare Cask Highland Single Malt Scotch Whiskey: Crafted to showcase complexity and depth, Rare Cask is drawn from the broadest spectrum of casks, 16 different types, ever identified by the Master Whisky Maker.
- Double Back | Cabernet Sauvignon | Napa Valley: This wine is a blend of McQueen, Bob Healy and Lefore vineyard fruit, aged 22 months in 73% new French oak. Alluring aromas of macerated cherries, scorched earth, coffee, barrel spice and dark chocolate are followed by supple, focused, concentrated dark-fruit flavors. It brings some tannic heft that will benefit from time in the cellar.
Caymus Special Selection | Cabernet Sauvignon 2012 | Napa Valley: Exhibits a delicious, up-front core of juicy dark berry, blackberry, black licorice and creamy, toasty, vanilla-scented oak. Appropriately tannic and structured, this is made in a style you can drink now or cellar for up to a decade. Drink now through 2026.
Revolver Wine Company | The Stash Cabernet Sauvignon 2013 | Napa Valley: Very limited production – only 50 cases produced of this sought-after wine. Cedarwood, spice box and black currants seduce the nose followed by a pallet of powerful layers of rich fruit and dashes of vanilla. 18 months of 100% French oak aging. ‘The Stash’ will truly enjoy a bit of decanting when served at a young age.
- Silver Oak | Cabernet Sauvignon 2012 | Napa Valley: Notes of dill, herb and vanilla bean-scented oak lead to an elegant array of dark berry, herb, cedar, gravelly earth and underbrush flavors. The tannins cling a bit, but this is an enjoyable and approachable youngster, with a track record for aging. Drink now through 2028.
Stag’s Leap Wine Cellars Artemis | Cabernet Sauvignon 2014 | Napa Valley: Opens with inviting aromas of dark cherry and berry fruit, cassis, sweet vanilla and a hint of olive. On the palate, the wine has a smooth entry with a rich mouthfeel and lingering aftertaste of black cherry and dusty cocoa. Blend: 94% Cabernet Sauvignon, 5% Merlot, 1% Petit Verdot
Antica Cabernet Sauvignon | Cabernet Sauvignon 2013| Napa Valley: A beautifully elegant, stylish Cabernet Sauvignon from the Antinori outpost in Napa Valley, their 2013 has a dense ruby/purple color, a beautiful, sweet kiss of pure blackcurrant fruit, licorice and forest floor. Full-bodied, but with creamy texture, sweet, beautifully integrated acidity, tannin and alcohol, this is an impressively well-crafted wine that’s drinkable now, but should evolve nicely for another 15-20 years.
- Opus One | Red Blend 2014 | Napa Valley: The 2014 Opus One exudes subtle aromas of fragrant florals, fresh garden herbs and forest floor that give way to a concentrated blend of red cherry, blackberry and black currant. Fine-grained tannins offer a velvety texture and complex structure that builds to a long, vibrantly fresh finish with a touch of mocha. Enjoyable now, the wine will delight for years to come.Blend: 80% Cabernet Sauvignon, 7% Petit Verdot, 6% Cabernet Franc, 5% Merlot, 2% Malbec
- The Mionetto Prosecco Brut DOC | Varied Sizes: Tasty prosecco with an intense fruity bouquet and a hint of golden apples. It is very dry, fresh, light in body and well-balanced.This wine is perfect alone as an aperitif or as a delightful complement to appetizers such as prosciutto or mild cheeses. Excellent as a base for Bellinis and other sparkling wine cocktails.
All scotches and wines can be found at Mystic Wine Shoppe. Please stop in this holiday season and grab the perfect gift! We also have great gift baskets and charcuterie boards available for purchase, as well. Thank you!!!