We’re spotlighting The Mayflower Brewing Company this month. They are a craft beer microbrewery located in historic Plymouth, Massachusetts. Founded in 2007 by a tenth great grandson of John Alden.
Mayflower brews and packages all of their beer at their brewery in Plymouth and uses only traditional brewing methods and ingredients. Their product line includes a set of year-round beers that honor traditional English ales, seasonal beers that celebrate our New England weather, and small batch releases that gives them a chance to try out new ideas.
- New World: latest take on this classic beer style. We use pale barley and wheat grains to create a light malt backbone and add a blend of four resinous hops from the Pacific Northwest to produce bold fruit flavors and aromas with mild bitterness.
- EvoLupulin: The malt backbone remains consistent with 100% German Pilsner malt, while the hops focus on providing robust flavor and aroma with mild bitterness.
- Daily Ration: hoppy American session ale with mild bitterness and a light malt base. Three varieties of aroma hops create a hop profile that is all citrus, with notes of grapefruit and tangerine.
- Golden Ale: is crisp and dry with a slight malt flavor and a subtle hop spice. This straw-colored ale offers easy drinkability for the novice yet plenty of flavor for the discriminating connoisseur.
- IPA: balances a powerful hop profile with full malt flavor to create a smooth brew with well-rounded bitterness. Four varieties of American hops lend a delightful piney flavor and fruity aroma.
- Porter: is a rich, complex brew that is smooth and full-flavored. Five varieties of malted barley provide notes of roasted coffee beans and bittersweet chocolate with a hint of smokiness.
The best part is that they have a brand-new tasting room and retail store that is open and is family (and pet) friendly. You can try a full range of their four different beers, grab a pint of your favorite brew and enjoy the company of your friends and colleagues. They also offer a variety of branded apparel and bar items to show your love for Mayflower, as well as growler fills and packaged beer for you to take with you and enjoy away from the brewery.
Check out their website for more details, and check out the Mayflower Brewing selection that we carry here at Mystic Wine Shoppe.