http://www.mysticwineshoppe.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/Screen-Shot-2018-05-14-at-1.13.25-PM.png 388 577 Eric Faiola http://www.mysticwineshoppe.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Logo_horizontal_2.gif Eric Faiola2018-05-14 13:37:492018-05-14 13:37:49Brewery Spotlight: Night Shift Brewery
What happens when you take three friends, a love for beer, and an interest in homebrewing? You get Night Shift Brewery of Everett, MA. Founded in 2012 through love and passion, three friends brought their homebrewing to life. In 2007 they began homebrewing in their apartment kitchen. They were desk workers by day, homebrewers by night. They called themselves “Night Shift Brewers“.
Night Shift offers a wide variety of delicious brews year-round. First up, is The Crew. This group of beer is their core crew of brews on tap year-round and consist of –
- Whirpool- New England Pale Ale
- Santilli- American Indian Pale Ale
- The 87- American Double IPA
- One Hop This Time- Rotating single-hop IPA series
- Morph- Rotating IPA series
- Nite Lite-Craft Light Lager
Next is the a group of seasonal brews called The Rotators. This group is their smaller-batch, limited release offerings crew. They may not always be available, but when they are, they’re worth picking up a pack or two.
- Awake- Porter aged with coffee
- Bennington- Oatmeal stout brewed with dutch-processed cocoa and maple syrup
- Furth- German-style hefeweizen
- Matisse- Classic Saison
Looking for a great sour beer? Try their Mixed Fermentation Sours, which are fermented exclusively in stainless steel tanks with both lactobacillus and brewer’s yeast to achieve a high level of complexity and refreshing tartness.
- Ever Weisse- Aged with Strawberries, Kiwis, and Hibiscus. Available: March-May
- Rickey Weisse – Aged with Raspberries and Limes. Available: June-August
- Mainer Weisse- Aged with Blueberries and Cinnamon Sticks. Available: September-November
Last but not least, is their Special Guests beers. These brews are a specialty group, that are only released every once in a while. Regardless how often they’re released, they’re sure to be worth celebrating. Night Shift has a long list of “Special Guests” so here are a few of our favorites:
- Cul-De-Sac – Cream ale dry hopped with Amarillo
- El Lechedor- Horchata-style milk stout aged in bourbon barrels with poblano peppers, vanilla, nutmeg, and cinnamon
- Marilyn- Barrel- Aged blonde barleywine-style ale
- Pfaffenheck- German-style pilsner
Night Shift also offers so many great opportunities to try their beer. Check out their online event calendar, which is filled with tastings, food trucks, and tours. They also hold private events in the taproom. With summer right around the corner, Night Shift is the perfect brew to bring to any get-together, BBQ, or with just a few friends. It’ll sure to be a crowd pleaser.
Stop into Mystic Wine Shoppe and check out all the Night Shift beers we have available!