See ya, summer, and hello, Fall! Today we’re sharing five tasty and trendy fall cocktails, cause it’s still 2020 and we all could use a stiff cocktail. Grab your quarantine buddies, put the game on, and start mixing up one of these fun cocktails. Cheers!
Ginger Pear Cocktail: recipe yields one drink
- 2 oz bourbon
- 2 oz pear juice
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 1 oz honey
- Ginger ale – to taste
- Garish with pear slices and lemon wedges
- Shake pear juice, bourbon-lemon-honey-pour over ice-garnish-enjoy!
Pumpkin Old-Fashioned: recipe yields one drink
- 11/2 oz bourbon whiskey
- ½ oz orange liqueur
- 1 oz maple syrup
- Dash of aromatic bitters
- 2 tbsp pumpkin puree
- Garnish with orange peel and or rosemary sprig
- Shake ice, bourbon, orange liqueur, puree, syrup, and bitters-double strain-pour over ice-garnish-enjoy!
- Source: https://www.thespruceeats.com/pumpkin-old-fashioned-recipe-761379
Apple Moscow Mule: recipe yields two drinks
- 4 oz local apple cider
- 4 oz caramel vodka (or plain)
- One bottle of ginger beer
- Garnish with cinnamon sticks and or apples cut into slices
- Shake vodka and cider- pour-over ice-top with ginger beer-garnish-enjoy!
- Source: https://www.thecookierookie.com/apple-pie-moscow-mule/
Fall Sangria: recipe yields eight drinks
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 apples,1 pear, 1 orange (thinly sliced)
- 2/3 cups pomegranate seeds
- 1 bottle Pinot Grigio
- 2 cups apple cider
- ½ cup brandy
- ¼ cup of orange juice
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Club soda
- Put cinnamon sticks and fruit in a pitcher- add wine, apple cider, brandy, orange, and lemon juice- refrigerate for 6-8 hours-pour into glasses add a splash of club soda garnish with extra fruit-enjoy!
- Source: https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/apple-cider-autumn-sangria/
Cranberry Ginger Gin: recipe yields one drink
- 11/2 oz gin
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- Ginger ale to taste
- 11/2 oz cranberry juice
- Garnish with rosemary and cranberries
- Serve over ice
- Source: http://www.foodiemisadventures.com/2013/12/cranberry-ginger-gin-fizz.html
It’s going to be a great fall! Pick up the key ingredients for these cocktails at our Mystic Wine SHoppe and get ready to dive into the fall season. Thanks!